Interview Tips for Job Seekers
Firstly, there is absolutely no need to worry. Perfect Household Staff recruitment team will always assist you in any way that we can. If you have any questions, please ask the recruitment consultant who is responsible for the placement.
Following your interview with our recruiters, your CV will be tailored to match the clients requirements and it will be submitted to the employer for approval. Once the CV is approved and we have received confirmation that they would like to set up an interview with you, we will call you to arrange a suitable time. As soon as the time and location has been confirmed verbally, the recruiter will send you an email with the location and time for written confirmation.
9 Top tips before interview day:
- Be sure to research the location of the interview and the amount of time that it will take you to arrive on time.
- When speaking with the recruitment consultant, ask questions about the position:
- What has the employer asked other candidates?
- What are the concerns of the employer?
- What kind of personality is the employer expecting from applicants?
- Why did the employer not choose someone else?
- Do they have pets which you could compliment?
- Knowing your CV inclusive of dates will give you confidence when the employer is interviewing you.
- Think about your experience and what you can present to the employer to demonstrate that you are the perfect candidate.
- Whilst examining the job description, think about what questions the employer may ask you and how you can reference your previous relevant experience. You should try to show the employer that you have dealt with similar situations previously.
- Ensure that you have selected and ironed your interview clothes a day in advance as this will save you time and energy the following day. It will help you feel confident and prepared for the interview. Please pay attention to the cleanliness of your shoes. If you are invited for an interview at the employers property, it is great if you bring slippers or shoe covers with you.
- Some professional domestic staff often impress employers by bringing props to the interview. For example;
- Childcare providers will often bring toys or books with them in order to demonstrate their educational techniques
- Chefs will bring a portfolio and pictures of dishes
- Housekeepers will have deep knowledge of cleaning products and can talk about them with ease
- Ensure that all personal hygiene such as having a wash, using deodorant and cleaning your nails have been attended to.
- Think about some questions that you would like to ask the employer.
6 Top tips on interview day:
- If you use makeup, ensure that it is light makeup only and do not wear to much jewellery.
- Check how long it will take you to get to the interview.
- If there are any travel issues on the day of the interview, please be sure to notify your recruiter as early as possible.
- Every job description will contain keywords which are the employer's requirements therefore, what is contained in the job description is what the employer wants. Make sure to reread the job description on the day of the interview.
- Remind yourself of the questions that you wanted to ask the employer.
- Think about why you want this particular job.
8 Top tips during the interview:
- Unconfident and insecure people fidget. Do not fidget.
- There is no need to go in to too much detail. Be positive and answer the questions with confidence. Remember, you are there to find a job and not find a new best friend.
- Be discreet where your previous employers are concerned, the person who is interviewing you is also considering what will happen if you leave their job.
- Try to avoid discussing the salary and package as this can lead to misunderstanding and be considered bad tone. We will always have this opportunity following the interview.
- If confronting issues arise during the interview, please remain positive. These issues can be discussed with your recruitment consultant and we will follow up on these matters with the employer following the interview.
- When you did not understand a question, or think that you may have misunderstood, ask the employer to repeat the question.
- Do not forget to ask those questions you thought about when you were preparing for the interview.
- Remember, the interviewer has spent significant amount of time in looking through your CV and thinking about what questions they will ask. Following the interview, be polite and always thank the interviewer for their time.
4 Virtual interview tips:
- Download or get to know the software which will be used for the interview. If you are unsure how to use it, ask the recruiter for help.
- Make sure that the camera is on a stable surface during the interview.
- You have the advantage of being able to chose your background. Choose wisely.
- Ensure that there is no background noise.
Additional tips for interview with the agency:
- Be honest with yourself and your recruiter regarding your expectations.
- Ensure that you have all the documents with you for checking by the recruiter. If all of your documents are not available for checking, your interview may be rescheduled.