Here at PHS we have many opportunities to become a first class nanny.
What is required when being a nanny?
- Performing/helping in common household duties such as cooking & cleaning.
- Caring for children, helping with their homework
- Entertaining children, in ways which will benefit them
- Consider children’s individual needs
- Taking care and holding full responsibility for babies (this involves nappy changing, dressing, feeding, comforting, playing with them and making sure that they are safe).
- Helping children improve on their learning skills (reading & writing)
What qualifications do you need?
Qualifications are not always essential; it depends on the family you work for. Some parents might want their nanny to have qualifications, if so a good one to have is an NVQ Level 2 in Children’s Care. Learning and Development.
What is a Level 2 NVQ?
A National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 2 is a learning that involves the application of knowledge in varied work activities, taught in different contexts. You would work with others in a collaborative way in a group or a team. A level 2 NVQ is the equivalent of an A*-C.